ABOUT SMPS HOUSTON
/ 20/20 Strategic Plan
SMPS 2020: ADVOCATE, EDUCATE, CONNECT
In 2004, the SMPS National Board invested in an environmental scan to measure the value of marketing in the design and building industry, the awareness of SMPS in the marketplace, and the needs, perceptions, and preferences of SMPS´ members and constituents.
From September 2005 through June 2006, the SMPS National Board developed a vision, misson, and strategic plan that will buide and provide ongoing direction for the Society. The National Board and staff will reevaluate the plan regularly in light of emerging trends affecting professional services firms.
Premier professional services firms recognize SMPS as their most trusted resource for building business and achieving success.
To advocate for, educate, and connect leaders in the building industry.
Goals and Objectives
- Educate owners/principals about the importance of marketing.
- Provide members who want to self-advocate with the tools and knowledge to do so.
- Identify and chronicle the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for success at all levels in professional services marketing and business development.
- Provide best-of-class educational opportunities for all levels of SMPS members and A/E/C employers.
- Share with the A/E/C industry and other stakeholders the value and successes that SMPS members achieve through their interaction with the Society and each other.
- Identify all available ways SMPS could connect members.
- Create and enhance opportunities for members at all levels to communicate.
- All SMPS Members
- SMPS Chapter Leaders
- SMPS Committee, Task Force, and Council Chairs and Members
- SMPS Foundation
- SMPS Alliance Partners
- SMPS Staff